Four locations on the Kawarthas Northumberland Butter Tart Trail are located in Trent Hills. The Bakery Warkworth has won several...More Info…
One-of-a-Kind Food Experiences
The Un4gettable Destination
Take a break from the ordinary and experience the sweet and savoury flavours unique to Trent Hills.
- Canada’s Sweetest Bakery – Dooher’s Bakery has won this title two years in a row, using Grandpa Dooher’s time-honoured recipes. Top pick are their cream-filled donuts.
- Award-winning butter tarts from local establishments. Four locations on the Kawarthas Northumberland Butter Tart Trail are located in Trent Hills.
- The Bakery Warkworth has won several awards for their rustic butter tart with a little hint of citrus. They’ve nailed the perfect combination for those that like it just a little bit runny.
- Grandma’s recipe scores high marks at Bridgewater Café, ooey gooey sweetness paired with a butter crust that melts in your mouth.
- Enjoy a lovely butter tart dessert at Antonia’s Bistro and Café. The maple flavor shines through in their tart, making it a perfect ending to your meal.
- Northumberland’s only cheese-making factory, Empire Cheese is a top-notch farmer’s cooperative. Famous for their ‘squeaky’ curds, award-winning cheddars, and popular flavoured cheese including Carmelized Onion and Whiskey Jack Mustard.
- A former Methodist Church is the location for Church-Key Brewery where you can sample and purchase Northumberland Ale, Holy Smoke and seasonal brews with an unexpected twist. Another award-winning establishment.
- Internationally acclaimed, Artisan Chocolatier, Angela Roest owner of Centre and Main Chocolate Co. combines her artistry and flare to create chocolate perfection, that is both beautiful and delicious.
- Source locally/grown produced products at the Campbellford Farmers Market, Warkworth Market at the Mews, Hastings Village Market, Glovers Farm Market and Sharpe’s Food Market.